Monday, February 11, 2008

First Blog

We are now starting a new project and lesson in class. The project is called [Art]ifacts. We are learning about different types of art and we are actually going to make our own paint! The making our own paint is the science part of the project and for history and language we are writting papers about the art and learning about the art periods. Right now in Hummanities we are learing about the Industrial Revolution. The Industrial Revolution was in the 80's/90's and was the break through of new inventions. For example the cotton gin, the car, factories, the bicycle, etc. On wednesday and thrusday we are giving presentations on different subjects about the Industrial Revolution. My partner and I got the subject of the Impacts on the structure of the society and defining gender roles durring this time. This was a huge part of the Industrial Revolution because it changed peoples way of living and they got new jobs. The poor were still poor and living in houses that their bosses owned, so the wealthy were becoming wealthier. But despite all of that women started to work for their own money. Women would work in the factories, side by side with the men. Even though the women got payed less than the minimum wage man, it was a break through for them.
I think that the Industrial Revolution is a very interesting and huge time for our country. Many inventions that were made then are still used today, of course more high quality but the same idea is still used. This period of time for our country made us high end and well produced.
This blog that I am making is for students, teachers and people to read about what information I am learing about. This specific blog will be mainly about our new project and the Industrial Revolution. I will be posting blogs three days a week about something new I have learned. This will keep me more organized and other people to read what I am learning and hopefully learn off of my information. I hope that my blog can help you with whatever information you are trying to find about the Industrial Revolution!

No comments: