Thursday, March 6, 2008

Diary of Anne Frank

The Diary of Anne Frank is a diary that was published written by a 13 year old girl. It tells of her life being Jewish during WWII and the difficult times. I read a couple of passages from her diary and I found one quote that really stuck out to me. On page 63 she writes "Children coming home find their parents have disappeared While I was reading this expert I was shocked to find the things Anne Frank was talking about like the children or the rules that the Jewish had to follow. This quote is mentioned when Anne is talking to her diary about how terrible the day was. The reason why I like this quote is because I can relate to it. I can imagine being a child during the time of WWII and coming home and seeing that my parents were not there and did not eventually show up. This thought scares me and must have scared the children. I cannot imagine what life would be like with out my parents and knowing that they are never coming back. This is why this quote stood out to me and moved me because I can relate to it because I am a child with parents.

What did the children do once they knew that their parents were gone? Were they scared to go out and find a friend or someone to help knowing the Nazi’s could catch them? Did these children die, because of lack of care and food supply? Did they eventually get taken away? The children of this time are what really interest me about WWII and the concentration camps.

If you have any answers to my questions or you know more information about Anne Frank and would like to show me I would love to hear what you have to say! Just leave me a comment!

No comments: